What to do when you have windstorm loss!
First off TWIA has the ability to 'scale' to meet the demands of a windstorm loss depending on the severity and the density of the area affected - which basically means they call in the troops to help us out :)
Many of us are too worried about where we're going to sleep and what we're going to eat to worry about filing a claim or making repairs, but after the storm has calmed a bit here are some tips to get you started on the path to repair and normalcy:
To ensure quality service to policyholders affected by the recent and future storms:
- TWIA Claims Center is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week at 800-788-8247
- Field adjusters will be dispatched to impacted areas for rapid assessment of damages
- TWIA representatives will promptly contact policyholders who file claims to explain the claims process and provide contact information for representatives assigned to their claim
What you as the Client should do is:
- make temporary or minor repairs to protect your property from further damage
- take photos of the damage, keeping receipts and records of payment for any temporary repairs
- not begin making permanent repairs until a TWIA-assigned adjuster or representative has contacted you and inspected your property
- You will be assigned a Claims Examiner to guide you through the claims process
If you don't have TWIA you can certainly still follow these general guides on mitigating any further damage and keeping receipts, just make sure you have your policy number and the claims contact number stored somewhere you can access it (like your contacts in your smart phone or a laminated emergency card you take with you) so you can file a claim when needed.
Still have questions?
Give us a call and we'll make sure you're taken care of - 832-779-8430.
Cheers to a great day!