Call Us Call Us Today | 832-779-8430
Auto Insurance AUTO

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.

Read More
Homeowners Insurance HOME

A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.

Read More
Commercial Insurance COMMERCIAL

Discover the perfect insurance options to meet your specific and unique needs.

Read More
Life & Health  Insurance LIFE & HEALTH

Browse a variety of insurance options in order to find the right one for you.

Read More
Boat Insurance BOAT

Finding insurance doesn't have to be difficult. We do the work for you.

Read More
Motorcycle Insurance MOTORCYCLE

Learn about motorcycle coverage options that fit your needs.

Read More

Claim Filing Process:
1) Identify the loss (remember: windstorm and flood are different)
If you have damage from rising water that is flood.  Water would enter your home from the outside and the entire area outside would be covered in water.
If you have damage from Wind/Hail that is on your Windstorm coverage.  If water has entered your home from an opening in the building (i.e. the roof is leaking, the windows blew in) this would be a windstorm claim.
Depending on your insurance carrier, you may have a separate policy for Windstorm/hail.
Flood is ALWAYS a separate policy; so if you don't have a specific Flood Insurance policy then you don't have coverage for a flood loss.

2) Set up the claim with the appropriate entity

3) Assess the damages
Separate damaged from undamaged property. Your adjuster will need evidence of the damage to your home and possessions to prepare your repair estimate.

Take photographs of all of the damaged property, including discarded objects, structural damage, and standing floodwater levels.
Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their date of purchase, value, and receipts, if possible.
Officials may require disposal of damaged items so, if possible, place flooded items outside of the home.

Make ONLY temporary repairs until an adjuster has cleared you to make permanent repairs.

4) Complete a Proof of Loss (if required) by the carrier.
This a sworn statement of the losses you are claiming.  Supplements can be filed later if needed for additional damage found.

Claim Filing Numbers:

Geovera Specialty

Maison Insurance Co


Allstate Flood & Windstorm
1-800-54-STORM (1-800-547-8676)

NFIP Direct (National Flood Insurance Program)

Allied Trust
Dedicated Hurricane Harvey Claims line: 972-474-0791

Helpful Resources:

Inventory damages by room - it's easier to remember what's in each room rather than each category.



Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2017
  • 2016

View Mobile Version
© Copyright. All rights reserved.